Pages

Labels

Thursday 21 March 2013

Happy Easter to You...

...Happy Birthday to Me! As I leave my twenties behind, I look forward to an Easter holiday filled with the celebration of my birthday and the salvation of mankind. I'm not so sure the two are related... 

I thought I'd say happy Easter to you all and share with you my crazy Cat-Easter-Birthday-Cake :3 I asked my daughters what kind of cake I should make for when their grandparents would come around in the afternoon, and they said "pink cat cake!"... I said "what taste?" and they said "strawberry!" And here it is...


I made two sponge-cakes, and filled one with strawberry jam (the "fresh" kind you buy frozen), chopped strawberries and whipped cream, covered with bright yellow marzipan, and sprayed with pearl spray (hence the not-so-bright colour in this picture)

The making of cat-cakes...

I made three cats, same filling as the main cake, with pink marzipan and more pearl spray :) Blue writing-gel for faces, and done!

Some roses and chocolate Easter eggs in wrapped in foil to make it extra party-ish!

Purple marzipan border with soft pearls

Look at that happy family - one for each daughter and one for mommy-cat <3 I hope daddy doesn't feel left out, with no cute, pink cat representing him...

Yum...

I have to add a couple of pics of the chickens my daughters have made, with a little help from me, just to really get the Easter-theme :)

...

I got some lovely flowers today <3

Have a terrific holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Ellen! How were you able to cut into those cats?! (Well it looks delicious so I don't blame you). Planning to come over in the comming week or the next. Once again, happy birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete