Pages

Labels

Friday 8 February 2013

Angel cake

"It's time to post something, and time to do it in Norwegian," I thought. But then I felt like practicing my English again. "It's not called back yard, it's called back garden," a certain English person (whom I'm very fond of by the way ;) ) said to me earlier today, and reminded me how confused I am. British English, American English, Norwegian, and sometimes pure nonsense, and it all comes out in a crazy mix at times... Aaanyway, there's no good way to quote Homer Simpson in Norwegian, is there? Because today's post concerns a cake that can only be described as sacrilicious :3

I made two chocolate sheet cakes, filled them with a rich chocolate butter cream, and made a marbled marzipan-'heaven' to cover it with. Goodness, it's difficult to cover two sheet cakes with one big, thin layer of marzipan o.O
There's a torrent of wind coming down in the top left corner (you can glimpse it in this picture), where the enormous sheet of marzipan cracked a bit and I used some lighter marzipan to repair. Talking about enormous - this angel is not the daintiest of ladies, being a two-packs-of-marzipan-and-a-good-lump-of-fondant-creation...

I put a few lilies and purple what-not on the angel/cake, a bit untidy, perhaps, but oh well. 

I usually end up making quite cartoony characters, both when I draw and when I sculpt. I guess that's no coincidence, as I love comic books, cartoons, anime... I'm kind of pleased with this girl, though, seeing as I had not so much time and about 70% of the family was ill (no rest for the wicked)...

Ah, the old draping ploy... It's fun to use paper-thin fondant to make clothes :) And feathery wings, of course.


A particularly splendid weekend to you all :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment