Pages

Labels

Thursday 31 January 2013

Waste not, want not...

...is such a good saying. We waste disgustingly much in the Western world, and I make an effort to throw away as little as possible. Clothes are worn to rags, we gladly inherit old electrical appliances like television, mobile phone, etc. instead of buying new stuff, and my husband eats the leftovers like a hungry huntsman... And of course, I never waste good cake. Sometimes when I make cake I cut off parts of it to sculpt it, or I scoop out the middle of cupcakes to make room for filling - and the leftovers go down in the deep freezer. When I take it out of there, it turns into silly, but clever little things, like cake pops :3

I made these for a cozy evening with a couple of friends :)

The white ones with the handmade little roses and leaves are lemon cake mixed with lemon curd and dipped in white chocolate...

...while the dark ones are rich chocolate cake mixed with chocolate frosting and some freshly brewed coffee, then dipped in dark chocolate :v I love chocolate...


Have a lovely weekend (it's just around the corner ;) )!

No comments:

Post a Comment