Pages

Labels

Wednesday 23 October 2013


Something for myself

For my birthday this year, I got some nice things. Among them were several balls of yarn in lovely greens and blues. Since they were a present for me, I realized I should probably use them to make something for myself. It's been ages since I have, so at first I was a bit confused. What to make? "A shawl," someone suggested. "Well, that's easy enough," I thought. So I started crocheting, using the love knots-technique (still not knitting much...), but when I came about halfway I remembered something. I never really wear shawls... Sooo, I transformed the shawl into a big hood. And the hood needed something to sit on, so then I made a vest! I bought light green/white wool to make the border, also with love knots. I've made several flowers with the blue/green yarn, and used one of them as a button on the front of the vest. It was easy and fun to make this, all though the shape isn't exactly perfect - but since this is my first attempt at making a crochet vest, and not using a pattern, I'm quite pleased :) I really got the make-something-for-myself-thing out of my system, so no I'm ready to focus on Christmas-presents :3



Biiig hood, with tassel :)

And there's the little felt bag from previous post... I decided to take pictures of bag and vest in the same go to save some time (for my volunteer photographer :)).

I like how I can hide in my big hood. The love knots make for a decorative pattern to put on top of nice tops and shirts. The one I'm wearing under the vest in these pictures wasn't the best choice, though... But never mind :3




Stay tuned for X-mas-inspiration (and no, it's not too early) ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment