Pages

Labels

Monday 4 November 2013

On a roll (Pirate Cupcakes)

Once I've done something new and fun, it might be old, but it's still fun. I tend to use a new theme, a new technique, a new idea, until I get properly fed up with it, and then it may be years until I pick it up again... Unless it's one of those timeless things one can never do enough of. 
Well, I wouldn't exactly say that the pirate-theme is something I can never get enough of, and it's not particularly original either, in itself - but: it certainly is fun. We have props and ideas for several new pirate parties, and although it will be a while until the next party that's not Christmas-related in this house, I was more than happy to make pirate cupcakes for my children's kindergarten when they decided to have a good ol' swashbuckling feast. Such cute pirates they were :3 
So now, before I move on to making crochet love-knot-hats for my kids (see, there's one of those techniques I'm going to use to death and then stay away from for eons), I'll share some pics of the pirate goodness. After all, it has been a while since I made cupcakes. Hasn't it?


It's a hard life for a ramshackled, one-eyed sugar paste man...

Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream, decorated with handmade pirates. Their heads, that is... Mwahahaha!

Some should've had sun block on...

It's a pirate's life for him... The cupcake paper cups have proper pirate-themed motives :)

...

All ready in a nice box from TheCakeDecoratingCompany

...

I made three dozen, so for variety I also made vanilla cupcakes with blue vanilla buttercream, and was happy to fit in some sharks. Walk the plank, pirate scum! 



Hope you're enjoying a lovely November :)



1 comment:

  1. What a great variety of designs! I'm sure the children as well as the staff were excited!

    ReplyDelete