Pages

Labels

Thursday 20 December 2012

Winter daze and X-mas beer

Oh, is it the 20th of December already?? Here I am, trying to put out a new blog-post every other day or so. This time around I just couldn't make it - it's almost been a week o.O Maybe it's the unrelenting cold that has taken hold of us for several weeks, maybe it's the fact that I'm still working on a couple of Christmas presents that I'm hoping will be ready for the big day, or maybe it's simply the winter daze I seem to have nestled into. I'm moving in slow motion inside, sedated by the warmth and the gloom, just as much as I am outside on the slippery streets - my hands move slowly as well, whether I'm working on some arts and crafts-project, cooking, writing, or anything else... It's nice with an easy project when you've practically started a long-term hibernation. So when family and friends started buying and enjoying this season's special brew, and the bottle caps started heaping up, I embarked on yet another crocheting project - a hot pad made from recycled bottle caps and some neat cotton yarn. Easy, nostalgic (to me, at least - another thing my great grandma made) and useful :)  


This old, well-used thing was my main inspiration - that, and all the X-mas-beer-drinking going on ;)

I couldn't find instructions on the internet, so I just used some stitches that I thought would work :) If anyone wants instructions, I'll try and write them down!



Ready!

Here's the back, and you can see how I've fastened the pieces together - I sowed everything together, but I've seen people crocheting everything together too. Probably neater, but more work; I wanted this to be as simple to make as possible.


Have a wonderful evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment