Pages

Labels

Thursday 29 November 2012

In disguise

Ok, I'm sure there are mushrooms inside my brain or something, and that's why I keep making them. Another thing that fascinates me, is the art of hiding something within something else, like the Jägermeister-bottle I hid inside a monster I've made (which my brother got for x-mas last year), the lanterns/sugar shakers I've crocheted mushrooms around, etc. It certainly wasn't enough hiding a sugar shaker with my mad crocheting skills (...), so I found another little project. I think this should be my last crocheting thing for a while - the tip of the middle finger on my right hand is permanently numb from holding (and sometimes clenching...) the crochet hook. Not kidding... And it's about time I prepare the Christmas decorations :D Anyway, here's (probably) my last crochet-project for a little while :)

A small mushroom on the table, accompanied by (another) little kodama-friend :)

The hat comes off, and look! A cute little salt shaker :)

The shaker comes out easily, but is still secure inside the bottom part of the mushroom when you put it in. The bottom part is double, and stuffed with a bit of batting to make it a bit rounder. The top is crocheted the same way, with the "pocket" to go on top of the shaker first, then the rest of the hat. 




I used nice, new cotton yarn in colours that might fit a less nostalgic home than mine ;)

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment